February is likely to feel like a liminal month as we attempt to negotiate two very different energies – on the one hand, the very driven, forward-focused initiating energy of Venus and Mars moving into cardinal signs; and on the other, the softer, more ying feel of Pisces season …The first Full Moon of 2020, a Supermoon in Leo, is therefore likely to feel a little premature. Not only are the solar and lunar months out of sync, but it may feel too early in the year/eclipse cycle to be celebrating anything. And yet, there is a need to take a break, let off a bit of steam and find ways to reconnect with your magical inner child in a way that injects some much-needed joy, fun and playfulness back into our emotional spheres. January was a tough and demanding month that left a lot of people feeling emotionally spent. It’s time to open up the shutters and let some light back in.
EXTENDED VIDEO FORECAST
Leo is ruled by the Sun, the planet associated with rulers, leaders and consumate performers. These are the natural stars of the zodiac who exude glamour, charisma and work the crowds using a mixture of presence, dignity and natural confidence. At the Leo Full Moon, it’s time to work on our solar plexus area, getting back in touch with our core sense of self-worth and self-respect, as well as celebrating our achievements and unique talents.
- Self expression and creativity
- Individuality and unique brands or personalities
- Courage, self-confidence and the ability to carry yourself in public
- Dignity, nobility of spirit and respect in close personal relationships
- Fame, influence, authority, leadership and organizational abilities
- Creativity, colour and brightness – whatever makes you stand out
- A natural flair for the dramatic, outrageous or flamboyant
- Playfulness, child-like joy, a sense of humour and the ability to relax
Something to think about over the next few months may be getting clearer about what gifts you have to offer the world, as well as what makes you special, unique and lovable, but also where you may be over-doing things or perhaps creating unnecessary drama for yourself.
The next two weeks of the waning Moon is a great time to get in touch with your inner child, explore your creativity and bring some joy back into your life. Leo also rules the heart, so themes such as courage, bravery and taking personal risks are all worth contemplating.
This eclipse occurs in the 21st degree of Leo, the Sabian symbol for which is:
INTOXICATED CHICKENS DIZZILY FLAP THEIR WINGS TRYING TO FLY
Keywords: False courage. Inexperience. Trying to do something beyond the bounds of experience or possibility. Getting “out of it” in order to escape something. Getting all het-up over tiny or illusive prospects. Alcohol and drugs and the allure of escapism. Drinking binges. Ecstasy. Hangovers. Attempting to do the impossible.
The Caution: Giddiness, lightheadedness, unwanted side effects. Getting nowhere. Inability to ground things in reality. Making a fool of one’s self. Intoxication that inhibits seeing what’s really possible. Alcoholism and drug habits. Losing reality. Mindlessness that confuses or misleads. Going too far too fast. Forgetting who or where you are.
Drivers of change during the waning Moon cycle.
- Luminaries trine Mars – The Sun and Moon will be applying to a trine with Mars in Sagittarius at the Supermoon, making this a a great time to be bold, brave and pro-active about achieving your goals, especially once Mars moves into ambitious Capricorn – a place where it is exalted.
- The Martian feel is amplified by the ingress of Venus into Mars-ruled Aries. I have done a special video about this, which you can view on YouTube or via the Members area.
This energy will compete with the softer, but also more subversive Neptunian energy of Pisces season – something that could turn into a struggle mid-month when Mercury turns retrograde. The key is to keep moving forward with your goals and plans and not allow your willpower to be weakened by the temptation to return to old ways, or people, however seductive or appealing that option may seem on the surface.
The good news is that your resolve and sense of progress is likely to get strnger and gain momentum, the closer we get to the Spring Equinox when the Sun ingresses into Aries and the astrological year begins.